GOLF IN INDIA
Golfing in India
Not many people know that India was the first country after Britain to develop golf and has some of the oldest golf courses and clubs in the world outside England. Many of these are in beautiful and historic surroundings as the oldest golf courses naturally date back to the days of the Raj. Whilst not being the most technical when compared to modern courses, the beautiful locations in hill stations and the grounds of palaces certainly add to the ambiance of your game in these locations. Today, India, and Delhi in particular has a wide range of international standard courses to choose from. This itinerary takes in a combination of both the old and the new with Delhi, Agra and Jaipur whose course as it cuts through the grounds of the world famous Royal Rambagh Palace!
Delhi |Agra | Jaipur | Srinagar | Pahalgam | Dal Lake
- Sightseeing of capital city of India, visit New Delhi, Old Delhi and some of the local markets.
- Play a round of golf on one of Delhi’s 20 internationally acclaimed Golf Courses.
- As well as visiting the Taj Mahal, try your hand at the 9 hole course in view of this monument.
- Have an escorted tour of Amer, Rajasthan’s most impressive and best-preserved fort as well as the city palace and Observatory in Jaipur.
- Play a round of golf at one of the oldest courses in India, in the grounds of the Rambagh Palace Hotel, Jaipur.
- Discover the beauty that is Kashmir whilst enjoying three rounds of golf at the serene Royal Springs Golf Course, the Gulmarg Golf Club and the Pahalgam Golf Course which is set against the most beautiful landscape & is in excellent condition.
|Day 01||Arrive in to Delhi where you will be met and transferred to your hotel.||Delhi|
|Day 02||Explore the old and the new, the ancient and the modern that is Delhi, India’s capital.||Delhi|
|Day 03||Play a round of golf on one of Delhi’s 20 internationally renowned golf courses.||Delhi|
|Day 04||Transfer by road to Agra. Play the nine hole course in the afternoon.||Agra|
|Day 05||Early morning visit to the Taj Mahal, return to the hotel for breakfast and then visit the Amber Fort. Rest of the day at leisure.||Agra|
|Day 06||Transfer by road to Jaipur. Evening visit to the observatory and City Palace.||Jaipur|
|Day 07||In the morning, enjoy a round of golf at the Rambagh Palace golf course. Afternoon at leisure. In the evening visit Dera Amer to walk with the elephants and enjoy an al fresco dinner.||Jaipur|
|Day 08||Morning at leisure, optional round of golf or hot air balloon safari. Afternoon visit to the Amber Fort.||Jaipur|
|Day 09||Transfer to the airport for the fight to Delhi to connect with the flight to Srinagar. Transfer to the hotel and rest of the day at leisure.||Srinagar|
|Day 10||Enjoy a round of golf at the Royal Springs Golf Course.||Srinagar|
|Day 11||Transfer by road to Pahalgam. Check into the hotel. An afternoon round of Golf on the Lidder Valley Golf Course.||Pahalgam|
|Day 12||Transfer to Dal Lake where you will check into your houseboat. Overnight stay on the houseboat.||Dal Lake|
|Day 13||Transfer to the airport for the flight to Delhi & depart.||Delhi|